Sunday, May 18, 2008

Farmer's Market




Today was our very first day exploring the Farmer's Market close to downtown. It was a lot of fun, maybe a little too yuppy for my taste.
We started out by losing our Pinkberry virginity. Pinkberry is quite the trend here in LA, but I'd never tried it. It's kind of like frozen yogurt with more of a tangy taste. You can choose from either coffee, vanilla or green tea. And then you choose which toppings you'd like. I had green tea with kiwi, strawberry and chocolate chips. Kolbe had vanilla with captain crunch, Syd had vanilla with chocolate chips and Josh endulged in vanilla with kiwi and strawberry. The best thing is it's only 50-90 calories before adding the toppings. Yumm.
Then we came across Alligator Al and his huge water something. It was walking around licking ladies ankles and letting kids pet him. Super cute, although josh isn't a huge fan of those types of animals so he's the one taking pictures.
There were also really cute shops everywhere. The kids even found a store that sold hats with animal likenesses on them. Fun.

2 comments:

MrTuckett said...

Takes a yuppy to know a yuppy!

eronious said...

Is that a monitor? Dude, I wouldn't want one of those buggers licking me! They're omniverous if I'm not mistaken and their mouths are infested with nasty critter-killing bacteria! Eeep! Of course I could be wrong. Someone may have simply plucked their dog bald and died him green. :)